24 Place Points on Topography
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Place Points on Topography.
Place Points on Topography s allows you to use an existing Families X and Y location to create a copy of the Family and place it on the Topography Surface at the correct Z coordinate; it will also place an Interior Point within the Topography. You may have a Generic Family that does not natively host to topography but you would like to place at the correct Z coordinate on the topography.
- To run the tool first select the Topography and any Generic Families you wish to place on the Topography.
- Then navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Place Points on Topography.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you want to delete or retain the Original Points (Families).
- Once complete a dialog will appear confirming the number of Points placed and the number of points deleted.
- When you inspect the Topography and Generic Families you will see that new Generic Families are now created and located on the Topography, furthermore if you edit the Topography you will also see new Interior Points and the locations of the Generic Families.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Place Points on Topography.