25 Add Points to Topography
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Add Points to Topography.
Add Points to Topography allows you to use an existing Families X, Y and Z location to add Interior Points to a Topography Surface. This tool is good for making the Topography Surface follow the underside of a Floor. For quick results use this tool in combination with the Setting Out Points tool to get the initial Points.
I have already run Setting Out Points and removed the unwanted points to leave only those that are based on the bottom of the floor
- To run the tool first select the Topography and any Generic Families you wish to use.
- Then navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Add Points to Topography.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you want to delete or retain the Original Points (Families).
- Once complete a dialog will appear confirming the number of Points Added and the number of points deleted.
- When you inspect the Topography you will notice the Topography now follows the underside of the floor.
- Finish the operation by removing any unwanted Points within the Topography.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Add Points to Topography.