28 Reference Plane List
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Reference Plane List
Reference Plane List lists all Reference Planes within the project and allows you to go to the view showing the Reference Plane or delete Reference Plane. A great tool for removing unnamed Reference Planes.
- To run the tool navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Reference Plane List.
- The Reference Plane List dialog will appear.
- You select the Reference Planes you would like to view or delete and click the Go to View or Delete Selected button.
- To select the Reference Planes you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all Reference Planes in the grid
- or click Select None button to deselect all Reference Planes.
- If you click the Go to View button, you may see the standard There is no open view...
- Click Ok, the Revit View will change and highlight the selected Elements.
- If you click Delete Selected button you are prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete the selected items.
- If yes is selected then a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of Reference Planes that were deleted, and an output dialog will show also confirming the Reference Planes.
- Reference Plane List will also allow you to Export the Grid to a CSV file for further exploration within excel.
Note: The dialog when opened will display all Reference Planes in the project in the grid, at the bottom right is the total Reference Planes count in the grid. Within grid you can see the element ID, the Name (by default the name will say Reference Plane if not named), the Count (the number of elements reliant on the Reference Plane), the Parent View, if it is hidden and Select. You can sort the grid by clicking any column header.
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note: if multiple Reference Planes are selected over multiple views then only the last view will in the selection list will be displayed.
Note: this dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Reference Plane List.