53 Show Warnings
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Show Warnings.
This tool allows you to Highlight and Isolate warnings in any view.
This Tool is available for Revit 2014 and newer versions of Revit.
- Before running Show Warnings export the warnings file by, navigating to the Manage Tab and select Warnings.
- From the Warnings dialog, Export the warnings to a folder of your choice.
- Open a view you would like to Highlight and Isolate the warnings in. Ideally this is a temporary view as the highlighting Overrides Graphics in View By Element.
- Now run Show Warnings by navigating to the Bonus Tools 1 Ribbon and the Power Tab and select Show Warnings.
- From the Open dialog, navigate to and select the file Exported above, and click open.
- The Show Warnings Dialog will open.
- Select the Warnings you would like to Highlight and Isolate in the model.
- To select the Warnings you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button, note the Total selected is updating
- or click Select All button to select all Warnings
- or click Select None button to deselect all Warnings
- Select the highlight overrides you want to perform, by:
- Choosing whether you want to override the Cut – Fill Colour and/or Line Colour.
- Choosing whether you want to override the Projection – Fill Colour and/or Line Colour.
- Selecting the Line and Fill Colour, by clicking on the coloured buttons. A Colour Selector will show.
- You can push the Element Id and Warning description to a Shared Parameter of your choice. If you make a Multi-category Tag, then you can quickly analysis warnings within a view.
- Choosing whether you want to push the Element Id to a Parameter, and then selecting the parameter.
- Choosing whether you want to push the Warning description to a Parameter, and then selecting the parameter.
- Click Ok.
- The Elements have been Isolated (note the cyan window frame) and the elements coloured to suit your selections.
- As mentioned above, you can now tag all elements with a Mutli-Category Tag to show elements warnings
- Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Show Warnings.
Note: The dialog by default when opened will display all the Warnings within the report file in the grid, at the bottom right is the total Warning count in the grid. Within grid you can see the Warning, Elements and Select. You can sort the grid by Clicking a column header.
You do this by: