70 Folder creator
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – 70 Folder creator . Add place holder Views and Sheets into the Project Browser to guide users with filing of Views. The tool adds Drafting Views within the View section and Sheets with Title Block of your choice to the Sheets section.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Folder creator.
- The Folder creator dialog will appear.
- There is a tab for both Views and Sheets.
- If the Views tab is selected:
- The dialog lists the Group By & Then By at the top left.
- Add a View name prefix.
- Add a New Folder to the Tree by clicking the New Folder button.
- A New Folder structure will be added to the Tree.
- Add a new Sub Folder to the Tree by selecting a Parent Folder.
- And click Add Sub Folder.
- A new Sub Folder structure will be added to the Tree.
- You can Delete All Folders or the selected Folder from the Tree by clicking Delete All or Delete.
- You name the Folders by selecting and clicking the Rename button.
- Enter the new Name and click Ok.
- You can Export the Tree to Excel and make bulk modifications and re-import the modified Excel file into the Tree.
- At any point you can Collapse All or Expand All.
- You select the Folders you would like to add to the Project Browser by either:
- Click Create Revit Folders to create the selected Folders.
- Once complete, a confirmation dialog will show confirming the number of folders created.
- The new Folders with be visible within the Project Browser.
- You can Save As, Save and Load the Folder structure for reuse.
- If you click Save As a Save file as... dialog will display. Navigate to desired folder and Name the file.
- Once Saved, a confirmation dialog will show.
- If you click Load a Open file dialog will display. Navigate to desired file and open.
- If the Sheets tab is selected:
Note: any values in red are read-only Parameters. This tool works best when the Browser Organisation has been customised with Text Parameters.
Note: if you select a Parent Folder that has sibling Folders that are driven by a read-only Parameter, you will receive a dialog stating it is a Revit determined value. No Sub Folder will be added.
Note: if you do this you must comply with the Browser Organisation rules.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Folder creator.