06 Ribbon Settings
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Ribbon Settings.
- Ribbon Settings allows you to give the Ribbon a Custom name to suit you or your company and View and change the Ribbon Settings by selecting the tools you want to see on the Ribbon and re-order them to suit you or your company.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab, click on the drop down below About and select Ribbon Settings.
- The Ribbon Settings dialog box will appear.
- Along the top of the dialog select:
- Select Enable Window Watcher, if you would like to restrict access to particular Revit windows. See Window Watcher for settings.
- Select Enable Warnings Tracker, if you would like to track the warning that you create. See Window Watcher for settings.
- Select Enable Family Tracker, if you would like to track the Family insertion and modification, by dates and user. See Family Tracker for instructions.
- De-select Display Startup Warnings, if you would like to track the Family insertion and modification, by dates and user. See Family Tracker for instructions.
- You can specify you Companies Help File, which will work in with 54 Help File.
- At the bottom left of the dialog, you can specify the location of custom images to replace the Bonus Tools Icon on the About Button.
- Select a location by Clicking on the button at the end of the Custom Ribbon image location text box.
- Navigate to and select a folder.
- This folder must contain two .png files called and at the specified size:
- BTIcon 16x16.png (this file must be 16x16)
- BTIcon 32x32.png (this file must be 16x16)
- The centre of the dialog contains information about the Ribbon and Panel layouts.
- The first column, Tools, list all Tools that are not on a Ribbon Panel.
- The second column, Ribbons, list all Ribbons, Panels and Tools.
- You can configure as many Ribbons and Panels as you would like.
- Configuring Ribbons.
- You can Add, Delete and Rename Ribbons.
- To Add a Ribbon.
- Click Add Ribbon.
- A New Ribbon will be added to the base of the list.
- To Rename a Ribbon.
- Select the Ribbon.
- Click Rename Ribbon.
- A Rename dialog will appear.
- Enter the new name and click Ok.
- To Delete a Ribbon.
- Configuring Panels.
- You can Add, Delete and Rename Panels.
- To Add a Panel.
- To Rename a Panel.
- To Delete a Panel.
- Adding Bonus Tools – Tools to a Panel.
- Select a Tool from the Tools column.
- And drag it to the desired Panel.
- Removing Bonus Tools – Tools from a Panel.
- Select a Tool on a Panel from the Ribbons column.
- And drag it to the Tools column.
- Sort Ribbons, Panels and Tools by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- Select the Ribbon, Panel or Tools.
- Select Move Up or Down.
- Continue clicking Move Up or Down until the Ribbon, Panel or Tool is in position.
- Resort Defaults.
- Resort will Resort the Ribbons to a default state.
- Click Reset Defaults.
- The Ribbons have been restored.
- At any point Collapse All or Expand All, Ribbons, Panels and Tools.
- Once finished making changes to Ribbon Settings, Click Ok.
- You will be prompt that the changes will take effect next time you restart Revit.
- The Ribbon Settings file can be found here:
Note: By default this will point to the Kiwi Codes Help file.
Note: If you enter a Ribbon name that is already used in Revit, Bonus Tools will check on load and rename the Bonus Tools Ribbon.
Note: The newly added Tools is Green.
Note: The is removed.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Ribbon Settings.