16 In-Place Family List
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - In-Place Family List.
In-Place Family List lists all In-Place Families within the Project and also allows you to go to the view hosting the In-Place Family or delete the In-Place Family. A great tool for keeping an eye on In-place Families.
- To run the tool navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select In-Place Family List.
- The In-Place Family List dialog will appear.
- You select the In-Place Families you would like to view or delete and click the Go to View or Delete Selected button:
- To select the In-Place Families you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all In-Place Families in the grid
- or click Select None button to deselect all In-Place Families.
- If you click the Go to View button, you may see the standard There is no open view...
- Click Ok, the Revit View will change and highlight the selected Elements
- If you click Delete Selected button you are prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete the selected items.
- If yes is selected then a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of In-Place Families that were deleted, and an output dialog will show also confirming the In-Place Families.
- In-Place Family List also allows you to Export the Grid to a CSV file for further exploration within excel.
Note: The dialog when opened will display all In-Place Families in the project in the grid, at the bottom right is the total In-Place Family count in the grid. Within grid you can see the element ID, the In-Place Family Name, the Category and Select. You can sort the grid by clicking any column header.
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note if multiple In-Place Families are selected over multiple views then only the last view will in the selection list will be displayed.
Note: this dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - In-Place Family List.