13 Dimensions List
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Dimension List. Dimension List allows you to see all Dimensions within the project, Go to the View hosting the Dimension, Delete the Dimension or see if it has a text override. This tool is good to keep track of any Dimensions with overrides that could cause risk to the Project. This Tool is available for Revit 2014 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Dimension List.
- The Dimension List dialog will appear.
- You select the Dimensions you would like to view or delete and click the Go to View or Delete Selected button:
- To select the Dimensions you can either; tick the check boxes individually or highlight the rows using standard mouse drag and control key operations and click Select Selected button.
- or click Select All button to select all Dimensions in the grid
- or click Select None button to deselect all Dimensions.
- If you click the Go to View button, you may see the standard There is no open view...
- Click Ok, the Revit View will change and highlight the selected Elements.
- If you click Delete Selected button you are prompted asking if you are sure you want to delete the selected items.
- If yes is selected then a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of Dimensions that were deleted, and an output dialog will show also confirming the deletions
- Dimension List also allow you to Export the Grid to a CSV file for further exploration within excel.
Note: The dialog when opened will display all the Dimensions in the project in the grid; at the bottom right is the total Dimension count in the grid. Within grid you can see the element ID, the Dimension Types, any Prefix, the Dimension, any Suffix, Above and Below text, any override text, the Parent View and Select. You can sort the grid by clicking any column header. If the Parent View is blank, the Dimension may reside in an In-Place-Family etc.
Note: the Total selected is updating.
Note: if multiple Dimensions are selected across multiple Views then only the last View will in the selection list will be displayed.
Note: This dialog can be exported to RFT for further analysis)
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Dimension List.