19 Remove Unused Views
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Remove Unused Views.
Remove Unused Views allows you to remove unwanted Views that causes the file size to bloat with the following conditions:
- as long as the View is closed.
- as long as the View is not on a Sheet. Note: it will retain any the primary Views not placed on a Sheet but reference a secondary Views that are.
- as long as the View does not contain a Parameter of your choice. This helps retain views that are not placed on sheet but are working views that you do not want delete
- To run the tool first close all Views except for one you want to keep.
- Then navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Remove Unused Views.
- The Remove Unused Views dialog will appear.
- Select “Would you like to retain a set of views not placed on sheets?...” to retain views that contain a parameter of your choice.
- Enter the value of choice, i.e. Learning Content – test
- Select Include Schedules if you would also like to remove unused Schedules.
- When you click the Ok button then a confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of Views that were deleted.
- And four output dialogs will show confirming the Number of Views Deleted, the Number of Views that failed to delete, the number of Views that are not on a sheet but are a primary view to another view that is on a sheet and the number of Views not deleted because of the filter.
Note: If you are using a yes/no Parameter, then enter 1 for yes and 0 for no.
Note: The filter does not apply to schedules.
Note: these dialogs can be exported to RFT for further analysis.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools - Remove Unused Views.