48 Location Point
Welcome to this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Location Point.
This tool allows you to add a families location point to a parameter.
This Tool is available for Revit 2014 and newer versions of Revit.
- To run the tool, navigate to the Bonus Tools Tab and select Location Point.
- The Location Point dialog will appear.
- Choose the selection set: Current View, Current Selection or Entire Project to filter the Text selection.
- Choose the Base Point: Relative, Survey or Project.
- Select the Category you would like to work with.
- Select Combine into one Parameter if you would like the XYZ in one Parameter or un-tick it so X, Y and Z are assigned to a Parameter each.
- If Combine into one Parameter is selected.
- If Combine into one Parameter is not selected.
- Click Ok.
- A confirmation dialog will show displaying the number of location points that were added and the number that failed.
- Inspect an Element and see the XYZ coordinate of the element are now in the selected Parameter(s).
Note: The fails in this instance are Curtain wall doors.
Thank you for viewing this demonstration on Bonus Tools – Location Point.